Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Easter Holidays and lots of fluff.

Hello there!
The Easter Holidays have arrived, not that it makes much difference to me at the moment!
Some more taking it easy I think.

As Sunday was another fab-u-lous sunny day Mr Clicky and me went for a wander around the local area.

This double flowering cherry was lovely.
(Our) Forsythia was looking good....
and the daffodils on the verges were great too.
After our walk we sat in the garden surrounded by birds.  
Whilst a buzzard soared above, a gang of sparrows crossly chirped because we were in their way and a pair of goldfinches gathered fluffy clematis heads for their nest.

The male stood guard
and the female collected the fluff.  The came again and again.
A pair of blue tits have claimed this nest box we put up several years ago.  They are the first occupants. They've been busy pecking away at the hole ~ it's not quite to their liking.
 (An)other neighbour popped in with some Alstromeria ~ more flowers, I'm feeling quite spoilt.
On Saturday I visited Mother Goose in Nailsworth, a fairly new yarn shop.
Here's my little bag ~ I'm obviously still in my green and purple stage.
Drops Delight ~ a fluffy sock yarn......
... and more fluff, Gedrifa Easy Soft Mohair/Nylon/Cashmere mix, only 1 ball but only £1.80 it would have been rude not to..
..and some lime green/purple/pink raffia.  I love the colours in this.
On the knitting front I finished a pair of socks for Mr Clicky Needles, in a sombre colourway.
I made these lovely socks for Mr CN before, he doesn't wear them though ~ a bit too bright for him.  I'm going to frog them and use the yarn again.
Here's the promised progress on my Jacket.  I'm loving making it, can't wait to finish.
That's about it for now, we're having lazy mornings and lazy days, although wrapping up a bit more, as it has gone very cold.  Glad I don't live in Scotland with all that snow they've had.  How can that be? Sunburnt one week, snowing the next.  The weather's gone mad!

Have fun...........Clicky Needles.







4 comments:

  1. I see someone other than me loves spring. Beautiful photos! Love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty photos. The weather is insane, i'm freezing at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the Easter Holidays, hope next week's weather is an improvement on yesterday's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Easter week is rolling through nicely for you :) I love all of the flowers out and the birds chirping! It is fun to see them making their nests. I'm honestly quite surprised you managed to get such nice picutres of both the male and female birds! Congrats! Congrats also on that incredible looking jacket! The thick cables on it look excellent. Best wishes and Happy Easter!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.