Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas is Here

Hello All.

I seem to have taken a completely unintentional blogging break.  December has raced past and school has been full on.  I've been dozing off on the sofa most evenings and *shock, horror* too tired to knit.

So what have I been doing?

My birthday has come and gone.  
My Mum brought me this beautiful Burleigh Calico jug to go with my one and only dinner plate.
I love it.  Thanks Mum!
Mr Clicky, me, Master Clicky and Grandad Clicky went to Kingsholm rugby ground to watch Gloucester play Worcester Warriors. 
The match was delayed by half an hour because the crossbar on the opposite post had been dislodged by a giant inflatable rugby ball in the pre-match fun.
 As we all like a beefy bloke here's some piccies.
We were right under the posts at the front.  Worcester getting ready to a kick a penalty  ~ No 12 on the right under the posts is Mike Tindall.
A bit more man on man action.
Penalty kick coming straight for us.
Selfie of me and Mr Clicky. 
 Even though Gloucester won it wasn't the most exciting match.

I took part in the Christmas Decoration Swap run by Ladybird Diaries.  I swapped with Hannapat of Cosmos and Cotton.  I received a lovely parcel.. 
..with some lovely decorations inside.  Thanks so much Hannapat!
The Christmas Decorating has gone well.
The Christmas Tree came from the school field again this year, so nice and fresh.  Unfortunately the trees are getting quite big now, so I'm not sure about next year's.
We also have a swag up the stairs and baubles hanging from the bannisters.  (Excuse the paint sample on the wall!)
I
I found some lovely stainless steel snowflake decorations in Sainsbury's.
As it turns out they are just the right size for a Christmassy coaster.
And finally the only bit of knitting I've done in December, a cowl for work's Secret Santa Swap.
Made in Jarol Sweet Briar Chunky I had left over from something else. 
 So that's about it from me, don't forget to follow Santa with Norad's Santa Tracker as I write he's already started in Australia.  

I'm off to paint my nails, lay the table and scatter glitter all over my black kitchen tiles.

Have a wonderful Christmas.
Bye for now .........Clicky Needles.


5 comments:

  1. ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy christmas. Lovely jug glad you like it. See you soon. Xx mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful jug.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the catch up, Mrs. CN! I hope you had a Merry Christmas! I have never watched a rugby game from start to finish, but your photos entice me to do so :) The jug your mum gave you is sooooo beautiful...I want to look and look and look at it! So glad you had a lovely swap and I enjoyed seeing the snuggly cowl you created, too.
    We have had a happy celebration today, although 4 year old Molly did give us pause.... She declared she thought the ham she was eating was delicious which prompted mummers of agreement around the table. Then during a lull in the conversation, Molly asked, "Who killed the pig?" Oh my......... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!! LOVE LOVE that jug!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for the brawn.....always nice to see a bit of muscle...... Those metal snowflakes are amazing. Wish we could get things like that here but sadly everything is straight off the boat from China made from 100% plastic! Hey ho, never mind. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.