Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 5 October 2014

Boring?

Hello all.
 
I was reading Meredith's blog the other day.  There she was thinking that things in her life were a bit boring, when she got a puncture in the middle of an alligator invested swamp in Florida and needed to go to the loo.  She was rescued by William the repairman, and she was mindful not to think that her life was boring anymore.

Not a lot has happened to me these past few weeks.  I've been to work, had some laughs, gone to my dance fitness class, but not a lot has happened.  Boring maybe.

I've started to have a veg box this week, which was a bit exciting, although it turns out the family are not big fans of spaghetti squash, so I'll take that off the list for next time.
And that was about the highlight of my week until I got home from work on Thursday.  Master Clicky took his scooter down to our local skateboard ramps and about 10 minutes later I got a phone call.  "Can you come and collect me please Mum?"  "Why?"  "Just come Mum," he said.
When I got there he was clutching over his eye with his (red) t-shirt.  He had gone over his handlebars whilst attempting something daft and fell onto his face and shoulder.  He split over the top of his eye and it was bleeding.  We started to walk to the car his legs buckled and he fainted.  He friends helped me drop him the floor gently and we got his feet higher than his head.  We popped back home, picked up Mr Clicky and then went to the minor injuries unit of Stroud Hospital.

They were excellent, no waiting and after a quick chat the nurse pulled the edges of the wound together with Steri Strips.
He will have a scar now, and possibly a bit of eyebrow missing which came off with the skin underneath.  He's banned from sport for a week and can't get it wet so no showers either!    

 Maybe boring isn't so bad. 

We've just had the driest September since records began in 1910, but Autumn seems to be here now.  It has been quite chilly in the evenings and we are promised rain.  The cherry tree in the back garden is turning red and leaves are dropping.  Woolies are coming out of their summer storage.
On Friday we had another minor disaster.  The graphics card has gone on our Mac, so it has gone for a week's holiday to a local repair shop.  I am typing this using Miss Clicky's very old laptop.  It's ok but it's not a Mac!
 
I'm off to The Knitting and Stiching Show at Alexandra Palace next Sunday with knitting friend Romain, which will be fun I'm sure, but let's hope the rest of the week is well, boring.
 
Bye for now, ........... Clicky Needles. 

9 comments:

  1. Alligator invested swamp!!
    I hope Master Clicky is enjoying being the patient and that he heals up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear.. poor MC! How awful to have permanent scarring to his handsome face! Have fun at the Ally Pally.. wish I could go! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lord!!!!! My boring was a lot less painful than your boring that is for sure. Your poor son, he is going to have an awesome scar he can talk about and get all sorts of attention from the ladies. I wish you a very boring week free of flat tires, needing to go to the loo very badly when one is not available and of course no trips to the emergency room.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, boring can definitely be preferable sometimes can't it!! I hope that Master Clicky is OK and that he has just enough scar to be interesting and no more! Hope you have a great time at the show too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Master Clicky will probably look very dashing when he heals (somehow a scar can do that for a guy, but not for a woman - life is so unfair), but for now he must be pretty uncomfortable. Yes, boring is good. :D

    Enjoy the Knitting and Stitching Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Hope Master Clicky is feeling better now. Mind you, he'll be able to show off his scar once its healed and be able to relive the tale of his daring skateboard ramp escapade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...remind me never to say the word "boring' again will ya!! lol
    Hope Master clicky mends well and soon. It must've been hard not to
    be able to do sport for a whole week.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, poor chap, I hope he heals quickly. A while back I did a post entitled "Be careful what you wish for". I was wishing for some quiet time with a book. My eldest was wishing he could sit in the front seat of the car more. We both got our wishes when he fell off of his scooter at the skate park and snapped his knee cap and cut his face. He had to sit in the front of the car for the first hospital trips, and I got plenty of reading time in the waiting rooms. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your son's mishap but glad you were able to get him in for care right away. [The eyebrow scar my youngest daughter got after whacking her head into a chair rung when she was less than two has served as an interesting topic of conversation from time to time, but not marred her beauty :)]
    I think your veg box is a great idea and hope you will find profit in the investment.
    It is finally autumnal around here after a particularly dry summer, too, and it has been raining all week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.