Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Christmas Card Swap and Another Year Older

Hello there!

I had hoped to blog earlier but time has caught up with me.

Firstly here is my card from Amy's Swap.  I have been sent a lovely handmade dove from Selma at Eclectic Home and Life.  Thanks Selma I like it very much.  On the link you can see the one I made for her too - I forgot to photograph it! 
I've also had another birthday.  This makes me two years away from the big 5 O.  I celebrated with my family and a takeaway, a nice family time.
I had an email from my knitting pal Romain, who asked me to pop by.  She has been very naughty and gave me a bag stuffed with presents.  I don't know what I've done to deserve them but I opened one for my birthday and I'm saving the rest until Christmas.  A yarn holder that rotates so you can pop your ball on top and knit happily with no tangles.  Thanks so much Romain!  
Can you see my lovely nails?  Had them done for Christmas. :-)
The dog has been guarding the tree and presents.  Can you see the red bag?  That's the one Romain gave me, I think there may be yarny goodness within.
I've finished my Daybreak Shawl at long last so I've just these ends to sew in.  They're taking a while but there you go.  
And the last thing to show you, a Santa sack knocked up today from two tea towels.  A special request from Miss Clicky so she could put her best friend's presents in.  
That's me for now, we're out for a meal with some old friends tonight.

See you soon............Clicky Needles.




6 comments:

  1. So glad that you enjoyed taking part in the card swap! Thank you for joining in. I hope that you have a great Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card from Amy's swap is delightful and I love how sweet your dog looks guarding the presents.
    We have quite a British influence where I live in Canada from the immigrants that settled here, particularly from town names - Stroud is not far from us.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there. i just hopped over to see your Christmas card swap from "Amy's at Love Made My Home". hope you are well. that you had a nice Christmas. here's hoping the New Year will be a great one for all. take care. all the best to ya. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are one lucky lady. Hope Christmas was fab for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet swap. Very nice cards. How nice to have a guard dog for the presents. We have to hide our presents away from the cat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.