Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Wedding Blanket Ta-Dah!!!!!!!!!

 Wow, this became a bit of a marathon at the end.  

Mr Clicky was away on business the weekend before our Godson's wedding so I had a Netflix Binge on The Killing Season 2 (Danish Version.)  This was my whole Sunday, all 10 episodes.  I've crocheted long enough now not to have to look constantly at what I'm doing and the English subtitles are most definitely shortened from the actual dialogue.  What a good series, I gasped out loud a couple of times with the twist of the plot.

I am incredibly pleased with it, the pattern, Circle in a Square, is sometimes called Flowers in the Snow and you can see why.
It's the first time I have used white in a blanket, I usually go for darker colours, but I love it.
 I had enough colours to make sure that no 2 squares were the same.   
 Had I more time I would have added some more green to the border.


 There were an awful lot of ends to sew in!

 I finished it on Thursday evening, gave it a rinse through with fabric conditioner, dried and wrapped it in tissue paper with a bottle of fizz.
I'm pleased to say that the Bride and Groom were very happy with the result.  

I used a 4mm hook and Marriner Double Knit acrylic which is available from Shaws the Drapers.  

Phew, now that it's finished I can think about another project, it really took everything over!

See you soon......................Clicky Needles.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That blanket is gorgeous, you must be so pleased with what you have achieved. I love the bright green edging. It's such a great gift. Well done.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is truly beautiful and I can imagine it being treasured always. Thanks for letting us admire it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning; a real labour of love and I'm not surprised the bride and groom were appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. I'm super impressed! I have a Flowers in the Snow started.. but not finished. But I'm still using it as is.. lol. What a great gift! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks great! I'm sure the bride and groom must absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.